Internet Investigative Skills (for CDD)
Learn how to search for online information, identify credible sources, analyse, keep effective records and apply appropriate security techniques to avoid compromise.
Who should attend
This CPD certified course is ideal for Compliance Officers, Money Laundering Reporting Officers or those tasked with managing organisational risk.
Why you should attend
Google is estimated to have indexed 60 trillion web pages, but that only represents about 5% of the amount of information that is on the Internet. If you rely solely on Google to search you will be missing things.
Search engine results are configured by complex algorithms. They are automated, it might seem to make your life easier but without a knowledge of what is going on in the background you can be misled into thinking the information you are looking for doesn’t exist. The way you search is extremely important.
- Understand the differences between the surface, deep and dark web
- To construct and apply the most effective search terms when searching for online information
- To apply investigative techniques when searching the Internet for information
- Critically evaluate online data and understand how to identity credible sources
- To operate in a safe manner when online and whilst handling sensitive data
- Be able to apply effective and practical security measures so as to avoid investigative compromise
- To construct search strings and a range of techniques to access material often hidden to the less advanced user
- Application of investigative techniques to access social media profiles for the purpose of Customer Due Diligence
- To have an awareness of appropriate legislation relevant to internet investigations
Learning is reinforced with a series of relevant practical exercises conducted over the two days. Pre-configured laptops are provided for all delegates.
This course is certified as 14hrs of learning by the UK CPD Service and more details can be found at this link – https://cpduk.co.uk/directory/profile/intelect Certificates can be produced for delegates upon request.
Invoice options available on checkout*
10 Seats left